Choosing the right Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW can be a strenuous task at the best of times not to mention when you are facing the stresses of an upcoming trial. Conducting your own research before you invest in any product or service is essential especially when you are looking at getting a Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW. Having a list of potential law firms along with your own research will ensure that you are best equipped to make a decision on the best Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW for you. If you are lost on where to start, here are just a few steps to help you get started finding a Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW.
Meet and interview all of your choices
An effective technique to get a judge of the character of a Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW and their qualifications is to have an interview session with each potential candidate. A lot of Sydney criminal lawyers in Sydney NSW offer a free initial consultation so you are able to ask any questions that you desperately need to know. If you are lost what to ask, here are some good examples to get the ball rolling.
- How many years have you been practicing law?
- What are you qualifications in this area of law?
- Have you had any previous cases similar to mine?
- What was the verdict and what should be done differently next time?
- With a case like mine, what strategy do you like to use?
- What is the pricing module?
- How do you like to communicate with your clients?
- Am I able to see a list of references of your previous clients?
- If you’re not the best fit for my case, which other Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW would you recommend?
For a lot of people seeking representation from a Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW, they fall into the mindset that a higher fee equates a better lawyer and thus a better outcome. This isn’t always the case and your decision shouldn’t be influenced by a higher fee. When making your decision there will be a lot of factors that influence your outcome but before you make your decision, make sure you ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the relevance of this lawyers experience and education to my case?
- Was the attorney and law firm courteous and understanding of my situation and point of view?
- Would I be comfortable working with this Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW?
- Am I comfortable with the pricing and communication structure?
Ask friends and family for recommendations
A tactic that a lot of people overlook when looking for a Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW is asking their friends and family about their past experiences with law firms and their attorneys. Regardless if there case is different to yours, asking them for their law firm may allow you to gain that law firm’s opinion on which Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW would be the best fit for you case and situation.
If you’re not comfortable discussing your case with your friends and family, working professionals such as doctors or accountants are other great people who to ask for recommendations. This way you have the reassurance that another working professional vouches for the credibility and validity of the Sydney criminal lawyer in Sydney NSW and it’s not just a passing fake review on a website.